Hello everyone , how are you today?
It's very windy here to the point i have had to shut windows as they keep getting blown closed, very loudly and scaring the life out of me.
We finally did something in the garden that we wanted to do ages ago but didn't have time and couldn't afford the wood for it. Now we have both.
This manhole cover is raised up and to be honest every time our children played out and were running around the garden my heart would literally jump a beat when they got close to it, i mean thank god no one ever got hurt , probably me shouting "be careful " every 5 minutes was so in grained into them that they slowed right down next to it.
Here it is..in all its old glory.
Smack dab in the middle of no where and raised up like an accident waiting to happen.
We decided to make it into a garden box seat.
The frame was first after we measured every thing twice and made sure we had the wood.
I totally forgot to take a pic sorry.
But then we got on and it was done in an afternoon.
Lovely hubby sanded it all down so it is a nice smooth sitting experience and no splinters.
It took me roughly 30 minutes to give it a coat of paint and let it dry over night.
The final coat took the same.
I think it looks awesome and much better than a dirty great manhole cover.

I am going to get a nice big solar lantern for it and some cushions so it is an extra seating area if we need it. I am so happy with it and it looks so much better than it did before.
Now we need more gravel and some cooler weather so we can get more jobs done.
Now on to home things.
We have had some Raspberries and also some bonus Blackberries.
Definitely not enough to make Jam with but enough to pop in the freezer so we can have a Crumble or two out of them.
Hubby has gotten around to slimming down our Pond Pumps and made a lovely little hutch for them. It is half the size it was and fully lined with plastic inside so no water can get in ,not that we have had any to test it, We had to buy new wires and we buried it under ground in some pipe to protect it ,i really dislike having wires hanging all over the place , i think it makes it look untidy and thankfully so does hubby.
I chased this guy/gal around the garden to get a picture,lord knows what the neighbours think, Isn't it just beautiful.
On days when it was too hot to be outside we have been doing little things inside.
We took down the door in the porch way to give us more space, it never closed properly and was a nightmare to keep open. It opened up the coat and shoe space for us. We put up shoe racks on the wall and moved the coat rack further back.
We also moved the shelves in the down stairs toilet, we had them on the big wall and higher up, safety precaution with little ones, but now they are all grown up we can move them where i want.
I put them above the toilet and i need to fill holes and paint the big wall now. It won't take long and it will be a job i do when it is boiling outside and i don't fancy getting crispy.
I need some nice storage baskets for the shelves and a tin to keep my fish food in, but that is for later .I need to paint first.
.webp)
I ordered my Step and Tile paint to do the windowsills, it only comes in tins of 1 litre or 500ml from what we could find. I need to do the entire house and it is expensive stuff almost £20 a tin. I will have to do 2 coats on the lot but i figure it will be worth it, they need doing desperately. I have sanded much to the annoyance of neighbours with my big sander so they are smooth and ready to go. I am excited to do them all black, it will blend in nicely with the garden make over . I would have re done them all red but it just to me looks out of place and i want it all to flow smoothly with no garish red standing out.
We are now on a Hosepipe ban so lugging watering cans around is our daily exercise, we can legally top up the pond for Aquatic life but that is it. I have been saving water where i can no more running the taps just because we can, and i have bought some bottled water just in case. I have been saving my washing up water for the garden plants and we always share bath water just a quick top up or cool down depending on who was in before. The dirtiest people go last.
The threat of rain has decreased to 15% for today and tomorrow, we did have a shower but it was that quick by the time your realized what was happening it stopped, never mind we will get some eventually. Our grass looks like a brown desert it hasn't been cut for weeks,i keep hearing people's lawn mowers starting up and i do wonder what they are cutting .
My son bought me flowers. Yellow roses are they not just the most loveliest things, they smell absolutely divine as well.
That's me for now.
Have a lovely rest of your week end.
Take care Ftm💙
Comments
Post a Comment
I will reply to everyone..however i will remove if its rude or trolling.