Trash or treasure..
Hello all,how are you?
I often see lovely things thrown out for the bin men..especially on the days of the recycling bins..i am so tempted some times..but then i think where would i put it or do i really need it.
I usually just look then leave it..the other week i had a massive struggle with myself..i think its gorgeous and i did need a mirror for my bedroom.
So i took it home..i had a real good look at it and was so happy i decided to rescue it.
Look at the colour of that wood..this is after i cleaned it using warm water and lemon juice..the colour is just gorgeous..it was a very dark brown with stuff stuck to it that i really don't want to think about..the cloth i used to clean it was filthy by the time i had finished.
Its a bit battered on the back and had been hung up with a boot lace...
I was originally going to paint it white but i honestly could not bring myself to do it..such a little treasure doesn't deserve to be painted.My husband put new fixings on the back ..its extremely heavy and i was dubious about hanging it with the original one that was all rusty and moved about.
In its new place looking good..
Have you ever found something that you rescued and brought back to life..
ftm
I often see lovely things thrown out for the bin men..especially on the days of the recycling bins..i am so tempted some times..but then i think where would i put it or do i really need it.
I usually just look then leave it..the other week i had a massive struggle with myself..i think its gorgeous and i did need a mirror for my bedroom.
So i took it home..i had a real good look at it and was so happy i decided to rescue it.
Look at the colour of that wood..this is after i cleaned it using warm water and lemon juice..the colour is just gorgeous..it was a very dark brown with stuff stuck to it that i really don't want to think about..the cloth i used to clean it was filthy by the time i had finished.
Its a bit battered on the back and had been hung up with a boot lace...
The glass is a little marked but only if you look very closely
I used my own wood polish..olive oil and lemon juice to feed it..i let it soak in then i redid it about three times.. i gave it a real good buffing with a soft duster.I was originally going to paint it white but i honestly could not bring myself to do it..such a little treasure doesn't deserve to be painted.My husband put new fixings on the back ..its extremely heavy and i was dubious about hanging it with the original one that was all rusty and moved about.
In its new place looking good..
Have you ever found something that you rescued and brought back to life..
ftm

Comments
Post a Comment
I will reply to everyone..however i will remove if its rude or trolling.