Tuesday, 11 April 2017

2 cravings and one packet of puff pastry

Hello everyone,how are doing?
Over the last week i have had food cravings something wicked. partly because i couldn't eat and partly because i really really wanted just to stuff my face into something satisfying.
Cheese palmiers and Cinnamon swirls..not together that would not be a good combination.
I always keep a box of Puff Pastry in the freezer,its cheap enough at 79p to keep some on hand and mine never ever turns out that puffed up way.Its always a bit heavy and sometimes lumpy..how do i do it? no one knows😕
So today the girls and i made both from one packet..we just halved the pastry and the filling..turned out delicious..i took a snap but unfortunately little fingers and big fingers had already swiped some.
So both cravings satisfied in one go.

 The cheesy ones went at tea time
I am going to have a cup of tea and swirl whilst sitting with my feet up.
take care all
flowertotmum😃

10 comments:

  1. I don't like making pastry, the puff is a very cheap standby, your pastrys look good, I love the vintage plate, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you..i have the matching tea plates and cups and saucers to go with it..and a bargain at 99p for the lot of local ebay..
      ftm

      Delete
  2. After being unwell for practically the whole of January I've literally just wanted to feed my face...the consequence of this is a five pound weight gain🙁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O bless you..its always the stuff you shouldn't eat that you want to stuff your face with isn't it..am sure you will lose it .
      ftm

      Delete
  3. They look delicious Sara, I assume they didn't last long.

    Our Easter card arrived this morning, please thank the girls very much. Both Capt Pilchard and Flora are both well. He still comes round twice a day to be fed and madam has a bit of spring fever about her. Jess and I have been gardening quite a bit with the lovely weather, and each time we open the back door she tries to dart through.

    We dare not let her out now because she has been a house cat for about 4 years, and she would have no road sense at all, and we live on an extremely busy road and we love her to bits.

    Have a lovely Easter and glad you are feeling a little better.

    Much love Marie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marie i am so glad it arrived..i thought the little cards the girls made this year were lovely..
      O poor flora..she must want some fresh air..
      O its been so nice and gardening is definitely on our agenda..its feels so good to get outside after being cooped up over winter.
      I hope you have a lovely Easter and relax..
      love you much
      sara,fern,iris

      Delete
  4. Oh, thank you for reminding me to put puff pastry on my shopping list. No oven for 6 weeks and I've forgotten what to buy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. o my word i would have been totally lost with out my oven..bless you your a trouper
      ftm

      Delete
  5. I made puff pastry once and it was just s good as the frozen stuff but I never bothered again it was far too much faff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue..if i had the time i would give it another go.its far too much Faff love that word..
      ftm

      Delete

I will reply to everyone..however i will remove if its rude or trolling.