It's been a while..

 Hello everyone, how are you all?

Life has been hectic and worrying here at Flowertot Mansion. 

My lovely husband has been diagnosed as having  Pre Cancerous cells on his forehead. He has been for a consultation and then quite quickly an appointment was made and his biopsy was scheduled. Things didn't go to plan for this and the Surgeon ended up taking all of it in the end. He came home with a huge bandage and 28 stitches. Over the next few days he got black eyes and swelling. Poor chap turned every colour of the rainbow, he is now on the mend and the stitches have been removed, however he is sore and it does bleed a little when he bends down.

Here is the after pic.


He has also been for his Cystoscopy to check his bladder..they did find  2 small areas of concern and want to see him again in 4 months. It has been worrying for us all and now we just have to wait for his Biopsy results. Fingers crossed for us folks. The poor chap has been through the wringer and doesn't need bad news. He never moans and has still had to go to work throughout his operations and treatment. Bloody legend that man is and we all love him so much. It makes me a little angry that there is no help financially for us and he has had 3 days off work in total , when he needed more time to recuperate from it all. But we are going to power through and overcome this.

We  are waiting for the weather to vastly improve so we can all get up the Allotments. Our Seed Potatoes are chitting away and hubby has started off seedlings in the greenhouse. We have to make sure that his wound doesn't get dirty so its little and often for him.

We have cut the grass twice so far this year and we also have Frog Spawn in the pond..the fish keep coming to the surface on a sunny day and then whoosh they are gone down the depths again overnight.

I  have been doing my living room up do..using the  last of my beautiful green paint.  We decided to put the T.V on the wall to give my plants more room.

I think it looks good..we do have some white shelves to put up so my tiny plants are safe. I did buy some new storage boxes in green that matched my wall. 

What do you think?


We are waiting for the screws to arrive for the shelves. And then its done, i do have some idea to have some vintage style gold framed pictures stood up at the back but we will see if i can find some cheap in the charity shops but have you seen the prices in them these days, its shocking at times.

In other news we have finally cut the cord with Sky..our broadband down load speed was so slow and took literally forever to load in  , i got fed up with films buffering at times so we switched and i can't recommend them enough.. We have gone toYouFibre and its fast people , for £ 32.99 a month we get 1000gb..and only £3 for a phone line. I did have emails and phones call from SKY  trying to get me to stay with them but they couldn't offer me it any cheaper so i am now Sky less and have a bit more money in my pocket, not that it will last long the way things are going with prices.

I have had to have the Council back to my front door again. This time the handle was coming off..thing is i have not long had it done in fact just before Christmas they came and fixed it. Now i have a new door handle and lock with one key, tomorrow i have to go and get 3 more keys cut as one just won't go around the family. Wonder how much that is going to cost.

I have been frugalling through the Pantry and freezers, baking and mending bits and bobs. We are going to Aldi next week to stock up on tinned goods and packets like rice, noodles and maybe meat for the freezer if its cheaper or on offer. I have made Jam Swirls and used up my leftover Mincemeat to make Swirls with them. I found a wonderful recipe for Sticky Honey Chicken..its gorgeous and made in the slow cooker..also Sticky Beef is the same recipe. I don't use Chicken Breast for this but Chicken Thighs that have been boned..it just takes a little time to prep them but they almost fall to bits after cooking , they are much cheaper than breast at the moment. Delicious served with rice and veg. I made some Frikalders with a very little pork mince parcel i found in the freezer..enough for 3 of us to enjoy. My son brought home freebies from his place of work, pizzas, cakes ,strawberries and huge bunches of flowers which i shared with friends. 

So i think that is me all caught up for now.

Sorry i left it for so long but to be honest i was a little stressed and worried about everything and just didn't have the inclination to do much else apart from day to day things. Hopefully things can now improve for us as a family and life can get back to some normality.

Take care everyone

Love FTM🌺







Comments

  1. I am saying prayers for your dear Hubby.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have all been through the wringer no wonder you haven't been posting. But it's a hopeful time of year now isn't it, with glimmers of sunshine and the hope that soon we can be sowing seeds and planting again. Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I've been away far longer, and have enjoyed the catch up, despite your worrisome times. My own seed potatoes could be said to be over-chitted, so I hope you get yours in soon! Prayers for your husband, and by the way your sitting room looks lovely. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I will reply to everyone..however i will remove if its rude or trolling.

Popular Posts