Friday, 18 March 2016

Politeness overkill..

Hello all,how are you today?
Thanks so much for all the comments about my Post Office dilemma.
My lovely husband came up with a few ideas of why she doesn't like some are not printable and no sweetheart its not because i am married to you ,you love god you!!
I have decided i am going to be politeness itself..but in a very loud and sarcastic way..not my way usually but i think enough is enough..to be honest i think she is a bully and likes to intimidate people.
Well no more..so next time i go if i get the same treatment i am going to ask her outright what her problem with me is..
As Sue has said life is too short to be upset at the thought of going in there..
Wish me luck and i will let you all know what her actual problem is if she tells me..
sara

6 comments:

  1. I agree with just asking her. So few people have the *intestinal fortitude* to just outright say, 'Do you have a problem with me? Have I done something to offend you?'
    You should try (oh it's hard) to say it with no inflection, no sarcasm, no 'attitude' - just as if you were reading the weather forecast. With open body language, in a relaxed posture, and a smile.
    That is actually very difficult to counter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackie..yep i am going to ask her in a casual way so she cannot get defensive..
      sara

      Delete
  2. Wow, I had to go back and read your previous post (I am behind on my blog reading at the moment). I think I would also file a formal complaint about her. I don't know how it works where you are, but here with the US postal service there is a form you can fill out and then send in. I had to do that once and sent it in from a different post office than where I had the horrible customer service at. I also talked to a postmaster (who happens to be a friend) of the post office I mailed the complaint from and within 2 weeks the lady was out of our post office. Apparently I was not the only one she has upset. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie..if it carries on i will make a complaint..no need for it to be honest..she is supposed to be a representative of the company she works for..i think they will take a dim view of it..
      Glad your was sorted for you..
      sara

      Delete
  3. Sara, I tend to run into the types of people like your huffy post office lady. I don't know what it is about people, but they seem to either take a liking to others or they don't. I had a fight with a supermarket cashier a few months ago because of her attitude towards me. I hated to do it, though. Many people who serve the public simply aren't suited for it. I have run into many rude post office employees in my life, especially in the urban area I am originally from. I also have neighbors who pretend they don't even see me. Humanity is really quite dismissive it seems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi..i normally don't let it get to me hun..but she really got to me..i ignore my neighbours..if you lived near them then you would as well..some people have no concern on how their action can affect others.
      sara

      Delete

I will reply to everyone..however i will remove if its rude or trolling.