Wednesday, 3 February 2016

Pantry redo..

Hello all how are you all today?
My little Pantry has been neglected for such a long time..its small and very crowded..we have only painted it once and never really bothered with it..once upon a time it was a toy cupboard and then a pot cupboard and we once just boarded it up..thing is we missed it so we opened it up again.
As we are totally embracing the new way of life we have started on a pantry is a must.
I have seen some Pantries that literally look amazing and make me have Pantry envy on a serious scale.
It didn't cost a lot but i think it looks much better,more organized and i have new shelves and a light.
We had the paint for the walls,we scavenged the shelves from old bits in hubby's shed..we only had to pay out for the electrical wire,plugs and bulbs.
All crowded and unloved.

Empty and all painted white.

New plug.

Much more organized and new shelves..

New floor from left over flooring..everything is stacked and packed.

I used the left over Chalkboard fablon to keep a proper list ..easier than a folder.
The one underneath is for shopping .

Hook in the door for keeping my carrier bag holder and all my canvas shopping bags together neat and tidy.
The shelves don't match at all..i have ordered some very pretty paper (fablon) to put on them so it all matches and it will be easier to keep the shelves clean incase of any spills.
Total cost..
Plugs and wire £8..
New fablon £5.45.
Total cost £13.45..
I love it..i can see exactly what i have..and i also have plenty of room to get in ,having a light is amazing.
We added extra shelves so when i make more Jams and Preserves i have room to keep them.
My lovely hubby worked on this for me..our team is this way..i have the ideas and he carries it out for me..bless him.
Thanks babe.
sara

23 comments:

  1. It is lovely Sarah, well done Simon.

    I am lucky enough to have a pantry as well, although I keep the fridge and freezer in there. I do still have the marble shelf which is a help, together with the gas and electricity meters.

    You should be very proud of it, and you will be able to see at a glance what you want.

    Lots of love to you all

    Marie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marie..thank you..our kitchen originally had a pantry with a marble slab..the people before us took it all out..the Pantry i have now is actually a cupboard in the dining room..it has had many uses but now i love it.
      I really think all houses should have one built in.
      love you much
      sara

      Delete
  2. now i have pantry envy ....some day i will have one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate..o sorry..you can make a pantry out of any spare space you have
      sara

      Delete
  3. I have pantry envy. It is the one thing I would really love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cherie..i never really appreciated my Pantry until i really needed one..do you have a cupboard under the stairs or spare room..that can be turned into a Pantry..
      sara

      Delete
  4. It looks great, nice work from you and your husband. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhonda Thank you ..we work well as a team..i am loving it
      sara

      Delete
  5. How beautiful and for such a good price! Don't you just feel better when you open the door? I spent a day scrubbing and organizing my pantry a few weeks ago and was amazed by how calm and satisfied I felt when I was done. I've also been more motivated to cook. I especially like the chalkboards on the door...a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi..Yes i did get a little tingle of satisfaction when i open the door..thank you i love it and can't wait to fully finish it..i like to have a clean out of cupboards..amazing feeling of satisfaction.
      sara

      Delete
  6. What an excellent makeover for your pantry. It fulfils the brief, I'd say, of turning an unloved space into a useful, well-organized and attractive space.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margaret..yes it fulfills the brief perfectly..i like opening the door now.. and don't have to rush to shut it incase someone sees it..
      sara

      Delete
    2. I have a lovely book entitled The Pantry - its history and modern uses by Catherine Seiberling Pond. I think you would enjoy reading/looking at that! Yes, it's about American patries which tend to be larger (as most things American are) than ours, but a lovely book nonetheless.
      Margaret P

      Delete
    3. Thanks for that ..i will look it up and see if my library has a copy..
      sara

      Delete
  7. You have made that look lovely. When I first married we had a very tiny pantry in the house we bought which eventually gave way for a kitchen extension and I missed that pantry despite having a lovely big kitchen. This house I have a cupboard pantry which is slightly bigger than yours but still does not hold everything but I only have a tiny galley kitchen here. I converted under the stairs into my Bottle store; all bottled goodies and jams are stored under here. On my Pine dressers I have glass storage jars storing bulk ingredients. The aim is that whichever house I end up with next that hopefully it will have a pantry but if not I will have one purpose built. When you cook or have a large family it works out cheaper to buy in bulk but you need somewhere to store it.

    Enjoy you will soon outgrow it especially if you are growing your own and bottling/canning. It looks super.

    Take care

    Pattypan

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pattypan..thank you...i bet that your dresses look amazing with all the jars on them..made me chuckle with the outgrowing it..we have another cunning plan in place which will be revealed later in the year.
      sara

      Delete
  8. I am envious too. Our house only has an under-stairs cupboard for people under 3 ft high! I's love a walk in pantry - have got some new kitchen ideas but husband is not quite on my wave length YET. I want open shelves so I can see what I got!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trish..o i bet he will be on your wavelength soon..i had open shelves in my old house and loved them..so easy to just look and see what i had..this house is not big enough for that..you will get there..
      sara

      Delete
  9. it looks amazing, I now have pantry envy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie..thank you..we loved doing it..
      sara

      Delete
  10. It looks so bright and easy to find things in now. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie..o yes i love the light and get excited when i have to go in there..sad or what
      sara

      Delete
  11. It looks brilliant, and I love good teamwork ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I will reply to everyone..however i will remove if its rude or trolling.