Autumn wardrobe.

 Hello everyone, how are you all?

What a beautiful but chilly morning, well i say chilly it is definitely cooler than we have been used to over the last few months.

This is my favourite time of year, sunny days and weather that you can work in with out sweating to death. The colours and cool days, darker nights and listening to the rain beat on the roof, just perfect. I am well aware that it is not everyone's thing. I understand every season has it's merits but for me Autumn is the best, with that in mind i started on my Autumn clear out, i was going to do it in the Spring/Summer but it was too hot for me so i waited for the right time.

And last  week  i  decided was the right time, i went through my wardrobe and donated 2 big bags of clothes that ..

1, i will never wear again

2, what was i thinking when i bought it

3, too small and too big.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself and my wardrobe doors now close and i can see the bottom of it now it's clutter free.

I now have my jumpers all hanging up and ready to go, i got rid of 4 pairs of jeans  (too tight) and now have 4 pairs that fit properly.

Cardigans and sweat tops with 2 hoodies. Also t-shirts and 3 tops. I re did it all so everything i have goes together and i am not tearing drawers apart looking for a nice top to go with it.

I have 2 nice jackets and a waterproof (yellow) so you can't actually lose me anywhere😁

Everything has been hung and folded,ooh it looks so nice . Love it when i open my doors to see it organized and tidy, i even found my Christmas jumper, i was looking for it last year,in reality i knew it was screwed up in a ball at the bottom but i just didn't have the mojo to dig it out.

It is going to feel so strange to put on jeans and jumpers when for months i have lived in shorts and vest tops. But i am looking forward to it, those lovely crispy mornings.

The beauty of it is that the girls helped themselves to some jumpers and cardigans as well , nice to hand it down, my  eldest daughter gave me a lovely bag of autumn clothes which were worked into the wardrobe re do.

I have 2 drawers set aside for the summer clothes that i am still wearing, 3/4 lengths and shorts.

I sorted my shoes, i have a pair of canvas ones, sandals,flip flops , walking winter boots and a posh pair for going out. My winter coat is already on the rack downstairs.

The underwear drawer looks depleted, i found knickers that i haven't been able to squeeze into since i had my last period, about 6 years ago. I kept 6 pairs of new pants ,3 bras, 3 sports bras, that's it. I really don't need anymore than that i would like more ,i see lots of lovely slinky undies and bra's but i really don't need them.I have enough.

Pyjama's are my weakness, i have 3 pairs of Winter ones all long and cozy, but only one pair of summer ones,i will remedy that. I am always on the look out for comfy warm pj's, i absolutely adore the flannel ones but have you seen the price of them even on Vinted and Ebay they want a bob or two for them. I may ask for some for Christmas.Hubby laughs at me, i wear them then take it all off before getting into bed as i get too hot. Mostly they are for when i get up and have had a bath but i like to feel comfy and warm in them so i can curl up on the sofa. 

Socks are another thing i love, i need to have nice thick ones for keeping my tootsies warm , I will buy socks like there is no tomorrow,love the novelty ones,different seasons and themes. I also have anklet socks ,comfy and light enough to wear all year but an absolute nightmare if they roll down.  I am down to 6 pairs of thick socks and 4 pairs of anklet ones. I do need more but i will get them eventually.

I put the charity bags out and watched my security camera like a hawk, i have done it before and they have driven straight past which means the bags have to stay in the hallway until next time, i was relieved when he pulled up and took them. 

My wardrobe feels more spacious and organized and i have taken to taking more time and care to make sure my laundry is put away and all clothes in the proper place. I popped some home made lavender bags in each drawer and also hung a few inside as well. It smells heavenly when i open it now. Hubby has yet to do his ,no doubt i will inherit some t shirts that i will use for working in the garden but that's ok as i have space for them.

I do love a sort out, getting rid of the old and learning to re love what i already have and making new outfits out of gifted clothes mind you the bedroom looked like a clothes bomb had gone of whilst i was doing but with my playlist on and being happy it didn't take long at all.

I used to buy large bundles off Ebay and always end up with 2 or 3 items that i really didn't want , now i just buy exactly what i need, of course i would re sell it but i came to the conclusion that if i didn't like it and it took a while to sell then it really was not worth it.

So finally i am sorted and no more rummaging around for things, i like to have my stuff on hand and ready to go, feels good to open the wardrobe and not have vast choices screaming at me. 

Have you had a re do on the wardrobe situation lately.

Love FtmšŸ‚



Comments

  1. No, but I really need to! Over the next few weeks, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made a start by going through the stuff I had in a drawer under my bed. I didn't get rid of much but it was hugely satisfying.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I will reply to everyone..however i will remove if its rude or trolling.

Popular Posts