Hello everyone, how are you?
What a week of boiling hot weather, so uncomfortable moving around and trying to sleep well just forget it. Lots of grouchy folks around including me.
Today thankfully is much cooler, i have windows open with a nice breeze blowing through the house, with our house being brick and having the sun from Morning til Night going around the house, well let's just say it's hot and takes days to cool down. Our bedroom was 31.7c..not fun.
How ever just because it's hotter than a doughnut frying , we have to keep on with jobs. The allotment is still giving us goodies and no matter what they have to be prepped for the freezer. The Kitchen itself is shaded until lunchtime so any prep work is done first thing in the morning.
This is the second batch of beans and corn to be blanched and ready to go. The Sweetcorn is a new Variety this year after last years disastrous crop. I have had some for my lunch and i can safely say it is the sweetest corn i have ever had.We still have more to gather and as i am the only one who eats it i will have plenty and some to share with family and friends if they would like some. I am also going to make Sweetcorn soup and pop it away ready for those cold days ahead.
I just love opening my freezer and seeing all the lovely veggies and soups just sat waiting to be used up.
Outside we have been doing our jobs first thing in the morning and retreating indoors at lunchtime.
I have finally fixed our old Gas Meter box. The tape was bloody fiver, for tape, i was shocked but had no choice but to pay for it as i needed it.
Before.
Can you see my gnome in the back ground, i found him in the rubbish pile, i took him out, cleaned him up and painted him. He was actually a gift from one of hubby's allotment buddies, many many years ago, i bet he would be surprised to know we still have it.
During..
After..
Looks so much better and tidier.
I have some more slate to put down and maybe a few big ornamental rocks.
Today we started early and got done what we wanted to do all week, the fence and shed.
You have heard of the Leaning Tower of Pisa, well meet it's equivalent in our old shed.
Hubby stripped off the sides and put new wood on. Ready for the big move and straighten up.
He also painted it as i won't be able to reach it once it has been moved to it's new location.
I started on the new location for the shed, i had to move all the furniture to a new spot so i could paint.
Before..
During..
After..
The first 2 blocks placed and the rest will be done in the week. We are planning on moving the shed and fixing it up this week in the cooler weather.
Our front garden has a huge Hippo bag in it, we filled it with all sorts of junk and stuff we found behind the old greenhouses.
Did you see the Eclipse, wasn't it absolutely stunning. We watched a majority of it on the T.V. I did pop my head out the bathroom window then just pointed my phone and hoped for the best. I managed to get a little something, if you look at the bottom of the picture you can see it, the top part is the Sun's reflection, i never noticed i had caught it and was disappointed until my daughter Fionna pointed it out at the bottom.
I am so happy i got something. We will not see another in the UK..next one is in Spain next year which will be good.
I had to have my washing machine mended this week as well, i must say they didn't mess around, reported on Monday , Engineer arrived on Wednesday and all sorted. Why can't all fixes be like that. Quick , efficient and free.
Kitchen update, well to say i am disappointed is an understatement, no phone call, text or email. I feel deflated especially as i thought the Contract Manager would keep his word and ring me.
I am definitely going to make a complaint now. It has been 3 months and no sign of anything but empty words.
That's all from me today, i hope you have a lovely weekend.
Take care all
Love Ftm💙
Comments
Post a Comment
I will reply to everyone..however i will remove if its rude or trolling.