August already..

 Hello everyone how are you?

Things are running smoothly at Flowertot Mansion at the moment.   Hubby is feeling good , Iris is on school holidays , so our days are quite slower paced at the moment. I say slower paced but we are busy. I have decided to re do my kitchen just a coat of paint and moving shelves down quite a bit so i can reach them properly. I bought some storage containers and had a massive clear out of crappy stuff and i have only kept the items i use or will need in the future everything else has been recycled or given away. I feel such a relief that its gone. The space i now have under the  kitchen counters is unbelievable. It's so nice to go to get something and i can see it and don't have to shuffle stuff around to find it, now its all within easy reach for me and just about everything has its place and will remain so.  It just felt so good to do it even though i was a bit hot and sweaty doing it.

After the dismal start to the year our garden has sprung to life at last along with all the Cabbage Whites that have been laying eggs everywhere they can, so our poor Nasturtium plants look they have been attacked. However we have a lot of them to cover the pond.



Our garden looks like a little green oasis.
I have been home baking and also prepping veg for the freezer.
Home made Jam Puffs..which disappeared rather quickly.
Chocolate brownies
Chocolate chip cookies
This was a packet mix..Mr. Kipling Chocolate Orange Cake..it was divine and tasted just like Terry's Chocolate Orange..i will buy this again and keep in my Pantry for emergency birthday cake or celebration.
We have had our first Green Beans as well and now they are coming fast.





I have been lucky at Yard sales just lately..a lovely couple do them through the year to raise money for Help the Heroes. 
This was £2..i am looking for bits and bobs similar for my kitchen but have a budget to stick to..so £2 was a bargain.

This huge glass vase was £1..yep a quid i couldn't believe it. The possibilities of it's use were running through my mind on the way home , new bowl for my Moss balls or a plant, but no none of those would be possible as i found a hairline crack down one side. It was to risky to fill it with water and have it leak or a plant and it cracks even more with the compost. So i decided to fill it with Tea lights. 


I love it and i am planning on getting some scented ones so my plan is to fill it and have it smell nice as well.


This was £1..i absolutely couldn't resist it..Green is my colour.
The red vase was a freebie , nobody wanted it so i had it. Its quite heavy and made in Italy according to the mark on the bottom. Gorgeous, not exactly my colour but too lovely to leave behind.
Free flowers, my son got them for me from his work. They were out of date going to be binned so he grabbed them for me. A little bit of outdoor indoors.
I have stripped the kitchen and just need to move stuff so i don't get paint on it. Not going to attempt it yet as we have to replace some fence panels at the bottom of the garden..next doors new dog is a digger and a chewer  so they need replacing , no more to be said about that.

It turns out that Fern is a Crochet Queen..she only picked up the hook about a month ago and WOW. Flowers, book marks, little teddies are all flying out of her room. So talented. Hoping to get a little Mushroom Man from her, fingers crossed.

I am going to defrost my freezers this week ready for the influx of veggies and fruit that is expected but after the way things have been weather wise i am not anticipating a massive rush.
I don't need school supplies this year as i stocked up last year. No uniforms to buy either lol.
I have started Christmas shopping buying  few bits every month and putting them away. Probably sound ridiculous planning for Christmas in August but i like to be prepared.
I am also looking forward to Autumn even though i think we have already had it this year just early😦, we are going to The Range next week and i may just treat myself to a little something Autumny. It's my favourite season but for now i am going to enjoy some nice warm days outside in the garden and have a BBQ..love them. Burnt sausages and burgers with loads of onions and mushrooms is just my thing with hardly any washing up.
So that's all for now, we are all caught up and i really hope that you are all well and being careful i the sun. Use suncream folks.
Love to you all.
FTM🌻





Comments

  1. What a wonderful lot of homey news. You did well with your lovely purchases and the flowers are very pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our nasturtiums are almost gone now too! A few days ago there were loads of flowers and luscious greenery - now they're a mass of green stalks - hundreds of caterpillars on them who've feasted!! I've noticed quite a few Christmas things about - never too early to start preparing in my opinion. I like the feel of autumn coming - clearing out, decluttering - its all going on here. Must look out for the Mr Kipling cake mix - handy to have in.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I will reply to everyone..however i will remove if its rude or trolling.

Popular Posts