End of the month..

   Hello everyone.

It's the end of  August and just exactly where has it gone.

We have been rushed off our feet with the Allotments producing lots of fruit and veggies. My freezer is reaching capacity and i have to up my game of Jenga to get it all in.

I have been blanching and sorting it all out nearly every afternoon. I have bags of Green beans, cabbage, beetroots and tomatoes all nestled nicely. Next it will be Carrots and Sweetcorn. The Potatoes will be dug and dried then bagged up in the She Shed for storage, the Onions will be dried and stacked in boxes ready for storing. i have had some Leeks and boy are they pungent but tasty.

I have bags of Raspberries all ready to go for Jam making. I thin every jam jar in the kingdom is nestling in my storage box. Its huge and very heavy. I do have to admit i pick out the pretty lidded ones for my jam and any jar will do for the Chutney, I suppose it doesn't matter really what it's stored in as long as it tastes good.

I read once that the more you are self sufficient the more storage you need and they are not wrong. I get lulled into a false sense of security as the food in the freezer goes down and fill it with cakes and puddings only to have to spend a morning resorting it all. I have shelves and boxes all in my back Pantry that i refuse to throw out as the are used for 6 months of the year storing food.





Hubby and Iris and Dude have done well with the Allotments..they work so hard to do it and we appreciate it. Our surplus is shared with neighbours and family.

I have been up doing our bedroom and have changed my pictures .

I spent a day painting them and then some time printing off the new pictures.



Hubby also made me these for the bedroom.


Old pallet wood , sanded and stained with some fake vines added. Take no notice of the stuff on the floor i am in the middle of sorting.
He also made me some lovely plant pots from scrap wood.
Making something from nothing is his gift. He is going to make me some more  so all my little succulents have matching pots.

We watched the Women's World Cup and we were cheering on our girls but it was not meant to be, things can only get better for them now though. Women's sport is getting the total recognition it deserves. 
The weather is playing silly buggers, Hot then chilly ,windy and wet not the kind of Summer we expected almost Autumnish at the moment.

Our big front hedge has been cut down from 12ft to 6ft. We did it in a morning and the girls helped with clean up. It has let in more light and am sure our little Maple is appreciating it.

I have been to the hospital for a scan on my little friend growing in my arm and now i have to go for another more detailed one.
Time will tell what it is.
I received my Home School Report and we passed again. Now it will only be Iris for teaching as Fern has now finished and is looking for a little job.
I am staring to sort out her course work for next year of school and starting to print it all out. Never ending task that one.
So that is me caught up for now.
I will be back with pics of our day out and my personal verdict on where we went.
Take care all
FTM🌼




Comments

Popular Posts