Taking advantage..

 Hello everyone, how are you?

Good morning my lovelies, how are you all fairing in this heat?

I have decided to just take complete advantage of it and get just about everything that can be washed out on the line.
My sofa has removable covers so they were done along with cushion covers, hats and scarves, a winter coat and also some canvas bags that look grubby.

I have also been painting and crikey did it dry fast..everything looks refreshed and clean. I suppose i could have cleaned it but i had some chipping in places.
My plan was to paint the windowsills and doorsteps outside but it is too hot for me to stand there doing it, when the weather has cooled a little then i will.
Hubby and kids have been up the allotments in the early mornings to water and weed, we also have had the start of our Strawberry crop.
They were delicious and i cannot wait for more.
I made some of my Tomato Chutney with the last of my frozen tomatoes.
1 and 1/2 jars of pure heaven and its all mine as no one else likes tomatoes.


We have a lovely little Blackbird baby that is full of curiosity and scurries all over the garden, mum is nearby watching and having a squawk now and again. I love watching her run around and have a little bath.


Here she is sitting on top of hubby's little plants , cheeky.
Our new blinds have been put up and look amazing. I can't get over how big they make our windows look.

Jack approves i think.
Well i dropped a clanger last week.
Fern and i returned our Library books and decided to go to Lidl and get a Watermelon..firstly we couldn't find any until Fern spotted them in huge boxes that we went past twice..then i looked at the price and saw it said £1.29..so i assumed that they were that price. Here's the clanger..i didn't have my glasses on and didn't see it said £1.29 per kilo.
I got to the checkout with the exact money only to be told it was £3.83..slightly  flustered i got my bank card out and paid without hesitation..o the embarrasment of not realizing it was per kilo. They really should make that a little bigger on the signs, however it was my fault for not checking. Now normally i do not take my bank card with me as i find if i have the cash then i can spend my money more wisely and stick to my list. Thank the lord i took my card with me that day.
The Watermelon itself didn't last long as we love them, for that price as well it was one of the best tasting .Every time i had some i kept thinking how much it would have cost if i have gotten the enormous one, i only got a small one but it was solid and very ripe. By the time we got home my arms had been lengthened by 2" on either side with the weight of it ,i was so glad we decided to not get anymore Library books otherwise my knuckles would be floor dragging.

We saved money on fixing our lawn mowers, we have 3 all with issues. So hubby stripped them down and made 2 good ones from 3 iffy ones and we only had to spend £7 on a little carburettor kit from Ebay.
We are eating out the freezer and Pantry and also lots of salad greens from the Allotments.
I renewed my Sky package and got it £20 a month cheaper.
Unfortunately we will have to pay out today. My poor hubby has an abcess and needs an urgent appointment at the dentist. I finally got through and he is there this afternoon. So that will be £30 for the appointment and maybe a prescription as well.  Bless him, you know its hurting when a chatty man stops talking. I just want him to be ok and back to normal.
Have a lovely day everyone.
Take care
Love to you all
FTM🌼








Comments

Popular Posts