It's that time of year again folks.

 Hello everyone. How are you all doing today?

Just a little reminder...

It has been a busy week here at FTM Mansion. We have redone the kitchen and also just one wall in my dining room. It is not quite done and i will show you when it is. My goal of using one tin of paint to updo as many rooms as i could almost worked. I have done the downstairs porch and toilet. The hallway on 2 walls and the landing on 2 walls, the back of my bookcase in the dining room and i had enough left to do 2 cutting ins and one coat. Unfortunately, i had to buy a small tin to just finish it. I now have an almost full tin of paint. But it will come in handy for touching up and maybe other walls. I was quite pleased with all the results and i love the colour.

Hubby and i went for our Covid boosters...3 miles there and 3 miles back. Nice walk and thankfully it had stopped raining by the time we had to leave. I have to admit i was 2 hours early for my appointment. We couldn't get our times to match so i took a chance and hoped they would let me in. They did but i  had a lady who literally rolled her eyes and gave me a huge sigh of pure exasperation. Fortunately, another lady took me to one side and sorted it out. Lord knows why the other one was annoyed she had all the paperwork there. Yes, i admit i was very early i did apologize and explain it was a long way and my husband was in earlier. The other lady was awesome, and nothing fazed her but the other one. Whoosh you would have thought i had sworn at her.
So yesterday we both had a relaxing day and watch a series on Prime with Peter Capaldi..one more episode to watch. No spoilers but you have to watch it..its brilliant.
 
It seems to be a week for boosters. We are both having our Flu Jabs on Tuesday and Fern is having her Covid Booster on Monday.

In between all that i have baked. Jam tarts, lemon curds, and scones. I finally managed to get some decent fairy cakes that rose and stayed and didn't sink once they were out of the oven. I used my leftover pastry to make a Cheese and Ham Quiche. I was feeling decadent and added an extra ounce of grated cheese to it..ooh it was worth it. Looked just as good as ones you can buy. None of it left now so i may just have to make another.
We have swapped all the light bulbs in the house for LED ones. They are Guaranteed for 10 years so we will see. I have been doing a wash in the evenings after 8pm as its cheaper and popping it over the clothes horses and then putting it out on the line in the mornings. We have had some bonus drying days thanks to the warm weather at the moment, i got all the bedding dry and big bath towels as well. Now it has ruined itself by raining but o well it's that time of year.

I broke my book buying ban. I love Karin Slaughter books and as i finished one there was a spoiler for the next book and O MY GOD!!..it was awesome and shook me to the core. I had to have the next book. Fortunately for me my hubby understands my book love and had no qualms about me buying it. It arrived looking all inviting and tempting. I cannot wait to read it. 

The nights will start to draw in and be dark earlier. I love it. Closing up and being all cozy inside. Give me a comfy spot on the sofa, good book and a cuppa and i am happy.

take care all
FTM🌼


Comments

Popular Posts