Strange feelings..

 Hello everyone, how are you all doing?

As i watch the Queen being taken through the streets of London i find myself profoundly sad.
I have never met the Queen nor even been anywhere near her but i still feel like i have lost someone close.
I have to say that i did cry and have been welling up watching it all.
Strange feelings for someone i never knew. However she is the only Queen. There will never be anyone come even close to her.

Life has been going on here with intermittent watching of processions and the new King and family paying tribute.

I have had to move my dining room around so i can accommodate my clothes horses.
Plus my over door hanger

We have also invested in a 12 in1 mini oven.

I have to say this is brilliant.
We have used it every day since it arrived.I bake in it and make bread. We have roasted chickens and pork joints as well..it cooks in half the time and it heats up quickly. We have made toast in it in a quarter of the time it takes to heat the grill up.
It's an investment to be able to cook and not have my electric bill shoot through the roof.
There is a whole group on Facebook group devoted to the Calmdo mini oven.
It takes practice and keeping an eye on what you are cooking as it cooks in half the time.
I made some Yorkshire puddings and was very pleased how they turned out.


We have also bought some of this..

My hubby is having some holidays from work soon and will be doing the doors and windows that need it (which is most of them).
Saving money is our number one aim at the minute. But sometimes you do have to spend to save in the long run, we are so hoping the mini oven helps...keeping drafts out  will help keep our home warm.
I have the door curtains up in the hallway and the one for the back door is going up this weekend.
The fans have been cleaned and put away for next year, the dehumidifiers are all ready to go. We have had some condensation on the windows for the past few mornings. We  have bought the girls some nice thick Pj's and everyone has slippers already.
I am so glad that i didn't give away the thick blankets i have in my airing cupboard...these i will be getting out and putting on the landing for anyone to help themselves if they feel chilly.
I have been busy sorting carrots and beans for the freezer..my hands are distinctly orangey coloured. I just get rid of it and then another barrow full arrive..not complaining as i now have lots of carrots and beans in my freezer to hopefully see us through until next year. Our Potato crops are amazing, we have about 7 bags of them put away and should save us money. 
The nights are drawing in very quickly and i am closing curtains and putting on the Led lights that are on my bookcase..it looks so cosy.
My meal planner is working well everyone can see what is for lunch every day anyone objects they can put it in writing to the manager😂.
I am keeping on top of my Pantry..small shops to keep it topped up.
Its the fresh foods that i have to shop for that are costing a fortune. I have tried Aldi buttery spread..not being a snob but it slips off the knife even straight out of the fridge and its awful to try and butter some bread..i cannot wait til its gone and i can get my Clover out the freezer.
Asda yellow label range..lets face it..it is the return of The Yellow Label. Can anyone else remember the original Yellow Label food..crikey it was bloody awful but it did the job of giving families a meal during a recession. I can remember opening up my mums food cupboard and being surprised to see a whole shelf of yellow. Some of it was that bad..like the Orange Juice..pretty sure it took the enamel of my teeth. And the Red Sauce..that was more vinegar with a hint of red food colouring😬.
I tried some of the new yellow label Mint sauce..good grief..it ruined my dinner. Sour with a hint of mint and the green was sickly..sorry to say i threw it away..i might be hard up but not that hard up.
Anyway i am off to finish making some draught excluders and try to finish my book.
I am will be back .
Have a good weekend
take care all
ftm



Comments

Popular Posts