Here we are folks..

 Hello everyone , how are you?

Christmas is over and all the decorations and tree's have been taken down and put away. I was wondering why i can never get the stuff back in the boxes they came out of. I have not bought any new things but the bits just wouldn't fit back in the boxes at all. It was all higgley piggley and took some sorting, we finally manage to get it in some semblance of order and stacked neatly in my top airing cupboard. We used to put it all in the attic but we had new insulation put in a few years ago and hubby didn't really fancy going back up in there. So the airing cupboard top is now Christmas storage area. Its nice to not have to drag the ladder through the house and take your life in your hands trying to balance it on a very narrow landing with huge lampshade and bulb literally dazzling you as you try to climb.

The entire house got a real good going over and is now clean and fresh. It is amazing how much dust you find even though i have cleaned over Christmas i am surprised every year by the amount.
Who ever said artificial tree's don't shed absolutely lied. I was hoovering bits of my tree's up for ages..i think more went up the hoover than is left on the tree. But hey ho it's all done and put away and now time to get on with the New Year.




There will be no photo's for a while people..its that darn thing called  " bloody typical". My camera started to play up with missing pics and then resetting itself every time i took a picture but it carried on working so i left it. My hubby offered to buy me one for my gift at Christmas..i said no it will be fine and besides i can get one in the January sales if i am desperate. So what happened Christmas morning yep you guessed it ..my camera just would not work..i tried new batteries and cleaning it but nope it was dead. I had to resort to taking pictures on my phone which are not the greatest quality but i have some nice ones that i will save. I am now wading my way through all the camera's out there..trying to find a bargain but its not a priority.

I am  making a few New Year Resolutions this year. The thing i am promising myself is to be more caring and sharing , enjoy everyday and especially enjoy the little and simple things. Infact last night when it was snowing Iris and me were on the doorstep catching snowflakes in our hands and licking them..it was flipping cold but so much fun. Little things but good things.
My Pantry looks decimated but its a good thing as we have used up just about everything and none of it was wasted. I need to do an online shop which is not bad considering i have not done any  major shopping since the beginning of December last year and only had to buy milk and fruit. I have space in the big freezer for meat so i will be concentrating on buying tinned and packet goods for my pantry with fresh meat for the freezer.

I have already made a start on decluttering. The bookcases in the dining room have been done and i have a bag full of books to give away and i have already made up my mind that more books need to go. This has freed up loads of space on my bookcases. It just means i can now put my new books on the shelves instead of being stacked up on the floor behind the sofa.
The girls are growing up and these books have not been read for a few years so they have to go, also some Christmas bits and bobs are going as well. I have just spotted a set of books that have not been read for years so they can go to a new home and hopefully some one else will enjoy them.

I am making plans to make my home look bigger and more spacious. This however does involve a some expense but it will be worth it for us. The same for the garden. I want to have a huge border in the corner that gives colour all year around..kinda brighten it up a bit.
Let more light into the home but still be comfy and cosy at the same time. 



As we are in Tier 4 we cannot go out only for essentials and food. Hubby is still on furlough and does not know when he can go back. So even though money is tight i am just loving having him at home. We are getting through our little list of to do's quick and there will come a time when we are all caught up with them . In the evenings we have been watching films and series on Netflix and just munching our way through all the sweeties and biscuits we received , going to bed a little later and getting up a little after 7 . Probably doesn't sound much but its lovely to be altogether and safe.



So i want all of you to take care, wear a mask and keep your distance.
love ftm


Comments

Popular Posts