MY, my its September already

 

Hello everyone and welcome to some new followers i have. I am very pleased to have you here.

Its coming up to my favourite time of the year..Autumn. I love this season..warm days , nippy in the evenings and getting dark earlier and earlier. No to mention all the gorgeous colours we are going to see on the trees soon.
So now is the time to make sure the pantry is stocked and my freezer is full of all the fruits and veggies my husband and son have grown so lovingly on the allotments. Keeping a good stock of tinned food incase we cannot go out or god forbid one of us is ill.
Checking the house to make sure that is weather proof for the Winter months.
Making sure i have extra candles and blankets plus throws for those chilly evenings.
Buying lightbulbs as they always tend to go this time of year.
Buying batteries as we tend to run out.
Making sure the outside sheds are good with no leaks or anything that needs patching up.
Putting the fans and air conditioner away and cleaning them up before storing then cleaning out the dehumdifiers ready for use.
I have bought the girls a new winter coat each..they had outgrown their others..also new boots are needed this year.
I have bought a new slow cooker so i can do puddings in it and meals in the other one.
I found hot water bottles in the airing cupboard so the girls can have those also some covers for them.
It seems a lot but if i do it throughout this month then it will be all done by October and then when the really cold weather hits i will be done.
I am so looking forward to some lovely crisp Autumn morning walks with the girls.
Are you getting ready for Winter.
September always marks this prepping stage for me.
take care
ftm



Comments

Popular Posts