Hard work, rewarded

Hello all, how are you today?
What a wet weekend it has been. Yesterday we had a thunderstorm..no lightening just loud rumbles. I was so hoping for a good cracking storm but no not a loud crack anywhere. I love watching storms.
So it was a lovely day celebration wise yesterday..we have been married 34 years and hopefully have many more to come.
My husband and son went to the allotments early on Saturday morning and came back with another mini harvest.


Beetroots, lettuces, spring onions, strawberries and raspberries.
I made Strawberry Jam for the first time ever.

 My husband Pickled his Beetroots and i then found some free to print labels on Pinterest.
It was very warm in our kitchen with 2 big pans on the go but so worth it.
The jam is a soft set and o my gosh i am never buying strawberry jam ever again. It smells divine and tastes delicious.
We are leaving the Beetroot for a week or so then we will try some but that smells good as well.
If you want the jam recipe let me know and i will pop it up.
I made Raspberry puff and raspberry swirls with raspberry cream..they have all gone now but wow we all loved them.
All my husbands and sons hard work is now being rewarded with stores for our pantry and wonderful things to eat.
have a lovely day everyone.
ftm


Comments

Popular Posts