What a difference a day makes.

Hello all, how are you?
Well this time yesterday we were all sat in the garden having a BBQ and relaxing. Enjoying the sunshine and watching the girls play football with their brother.
It was bliss.
Today however we are sat inside still having a relaxing day watching films and we had a gorgeous roast lunch courtesy of my lovely husband.
I have treated myself and Fern to some books off Ebay. We will both be eagerly awaiting the postman.
It was so nice to just sit and relax in the sun..we have made plans to change the garden a little more.
The big trough we made a few years ago is starting to give way and to be fair it looks a bit rough now. So we are going to make a big border there and fill it with Fuschia plants and Lavenders.
I really don't like gardens in the Winter time..they look barren. So i will also be looking to get some Evergreen plants.

This week my husband has started the mammoth task of sorting his big shed.
It is a bomb site, he cannot find anything and its dangerous for him to try to work in there.
Our old kitchen units and worktop are being used, the old worktops that have been removed are lined up to be burnt and disposed of. He has put up shelves and sorted through all his tools and screws and nails and put them by size in tubs that have been labelled. So hopefully when its done you can walk in and find exactly what you need.
We have found plenty of wood that will come in handy for any projects in the future..this has been moved to the wood shed.
Its an ongoing project for my husband, if the sun is out then its so hot in there. You literally feel faint just being inside for a few minutes.
It's a rainy day or cooler day project.
I was up early yesterday so i did all my baking bright and early before it got too warm.
I had 3 loads of laundry out to dry.
I have started to sell on Ebay again so i had 3 bundles to package and book in for collection.
I rang all my older girls to see how things are going with them and their little families.
My husband has been furloughed for another 3 weeks. The money situation is ok but we both know that a recession is looming so we are going to knuckle down and start saving where we can.
We live within our means but could definitely make some cut backs.
I think also that our allotments are going to come in very handy later on this year.
I have to make jam and some chutneys this week to make room in our fruit freezer for the new fruits when they ripen.
I managed to get a delivery slot for shopping. I will do a big shop so we do not have to go anywhere.
Its confusing if we should be shielded or not. I read that over 50's should totally self isolate but then another said not . Which is it?

O yes before i forget. We have successfully made our own yeast. My husband was very dedicated and mixed it everyday and got it making its own little air bubbles. Its now in the fridge . He has already used it to make our weekly bread.

I am going to try and make some Cottage cheese this week at some point. We  love it and by that i mean myself and my husband, but find it turns really quickly and you always have to buy the biggish tubs and we can't get through it quick enough. So a smaller amount will get eaten and i am hoping it will taste just as good.

I am off to watch Boris give us a new set of directives and see if we can make head or tails of it.
I hope that you are all staying safe.
take care
ftm


Comments

Popular Posts