Cracking afternoon

Hello all,how are you?
I love nuts..walnuts,hazelnuts anything really.Unfortunately my hubby is slightly allergic to them so I have to do this activity when he is not around.



I spent an afternoon cracking them and after a while I had to stop as my hands hurt and my throat started to feel funny..nut dust I am not sure.
All those shells and all I got was a tray..i popped them in the freezer for 48 hours to make sure there were no nasties lurking inside them.
 I put them in a bag and let Iris loose with the rolling pin. She smashed them up pretty good..probably not as perfect as the mixed chopped nuts you can buy..but I like these bigger ones..give you a little more crunch in cakes and decorations.




I saved a lot of nuts in an airtight tin for later in the year when I need more.
So that's what I did with left over nuts from Christmas.
ftm


Comments

Popular Posts