Decorating..

Hello all,how are you?
Sorry i haven't been around, we have done the decorating that we decided to do..and i am so pleased with the results.
I have been ruthless in my de-cluttering and i feel really good about it. I have gotten rid of the cookery books i don't read and ornaments and also pictures..out of the 23 i took down from my living room walls only 5 have made it back.
We bought new carpets for both rooms..i did originally want them to match throughout but unfortunately the place i bought them from sent the wrong one for the dining room..but i was actually really pleased with it and decided to keep it..the company were really good and offered to exchange but i said no.
 I love my living room..it feels so fresh and cosy at the same time..
We have not done anything to the back wall as my lovely husband is going to build me a bookcase..

 These are the only 5 to make it back in the room.


The dining room is now more spacious..its amazed me that just by moving my table how much room i had..
I did just about manage to put up my house rules sign..if its wonky then anyone can fix it..if they really want to.
So apart from the bookcase we are done..in between all this we celebrated Iris's birthday.She had a wonderful day with balloons and cake..her sisters and brother spoilt her.
After all this activity we have been in the garden relaxing..the weather is amazing at the moment,i have all the sheets and bedding on the line today.
My purge of stuff has been good for me..letting go of stuff i have had for far too long and stuff i never use anymore..so its all gone.
The girls have been helping out and enjoying the late warmth.
 The Virginia creeper is looking amazing.
Our ivy needed a trim..we cut it right back..

before

After
Looks so much neater..and now i can get in and out with getting a smack in the face from it.
So what have you all been doing and are you making the most of the late sunshine.
ftm

Comments

Popular Posts