Christmas is coming and so is Winter..

Hello all..we have been busy here..have you?
Firstly the whole house has been cleaned from top to bottom..presents wrapped,cards posted and others delivered by hand.
My whole home now sparkles and shines..i am pooped.
I am trying to get it all done so i can totally relax from tomorrow night and just enjoy the build up now.Iris is almost at fever pitch..Fern has joined the grown up gang now😉..but is very excited still like her sister.
We have started to defrost out Turkey...its a whopper..i shopped online and the original one was not available so i got a substitute..bargain really..the one i wanted was for 6-8 people and cost £8..the one i got feeds 11-14 people and should have been £18 but as it was a substitute i got it for £8..absolute bargain.It will feed us for days..and i will use every bit of it.I ma so glad its out the freezer,now i have some room again.
We have only got to buy fresh bits and that is it.
I have my parents coming for lunch on Christmas Day and we are out Boxing Day..i am taking a cake along with me and some Mince Pies .
Overall this Christmas has not cost that much,the presents were budgetted for through out the year,the food has come to about £50..including drinks..and i mean pop and juices no alcohol as we don't drink.
I have done all the baking myself..cakes,tarts and mini quiches.


The girls have made some lovely place card holders from loo rolls cut in half covered in sticky shiny paper and dipped in glitter with a little decoration on the front for each person.
I have polished my silver candelabra and also my cutlery..all my table linen has been freshened up and ironed.
There have not been enough hours in our days.
I haven't bought any new christmas decorations for a good few years now..over the years i have amassed a vast amount and seriously don't need anymore. Mind you our tinsel looks bald in places.
I had to buy a box of cards..i haven't got that many friends so they do actually get  a really nice one,neighbours get a box one..the box will last me a few years.
I buy my wrapping paper and labels in the sales..and we have made a few ourselves.
I haven't gone mad with chocolates..my newly sprayed tins are full of bought chocolates that we got by the bag full for a few pounds..none of these will be wasted as we all love them.There are no weird flavours.
I made my own biscuits instead of buying a tin.

Nearly all the veg that will be served will be what we have grown and puddings i bought earlier this year..we love Christmas puddings..i have 3 and will get a few more..i adore pudding and could eat it all year round infact one year when i was pregnant with my daughter Heather i did..the mamnager at out local Co-op had some put aside..his wife craved them so he understood where i was coming from.Nothing like Christmas pudding and cream in the middle of summer.

Yesterday we had two of the grand daughters for the day..they were lovely and well i was a bit mean ..we didn't finish our school until yesterday and when they arrived i had school work waiting for them..they enjoyed it and so did the girls it was nice to have someone else in my little school..and they were willing to do it as well which makes a huge difference. They got to use computers to research traditions and also the littlest one got to do some sticking with foamy letters and numbers..then they had to read to me..both did really well.
After school they all played with the big box of Lego until their dad came to pick them up.
I haven't posted any pics of my own as my camera is playing up again..
As today was the shortest day its officially winter..we are not going to get a White Christmas but a wild,wet and windy one.
Our son has struck lucky..he is working for 2 more days then has Christmas Eve off and is not back til later on Boxing Day..so he is looking forward to chilling with us for a few days.
Right i am off to bed as tomorrow its another busy day..
love to you all
sara


Comments

Popular Posts