Saturday, 30 May 2015

I can't do it....

Hi ladies..as you can tell from my large family i have a lot of Birthdays,Anniversary and Christmas cards to buy and send each year..literally every month it is someone's Birthday or a celebration of some kind.
So i thought i would make my own..I can personalize them and be a bit money saving at the same time..as we have a lot of girls in the family i thought that i would start with them.
After looking at what other's were doing i made my mind up on nice flowers..more over roses..
I bought this book with the sole intention of  cutting out the flowers and making my own cards.
But once the book arrived i just couldn't do it..the pictures are so beautiful and i would feel terrible cutting up this book..am i a wuss or what??

Vintage Roses..gorgeous
Beautiful Pictures

Its a vintage Cuthberts Rose Book..i can't do it..i keep looking at it and thinking i should just do it..but i can't..its too pretty and it has been someone's pride and joy for a long time..its in perfect condition.
So i am back to square one..i am thinking of wallpaper samples instead..i will quite happily cut the flowers out  of them..
Have you ever bought anything with the sole intention of cutting it up but then find you can't.
take care all
sara

15 comments:

  1. Sara I think wallpaper is a good idea. If you go somewhere like B&Q they usually have end of line paper. I know it would mean looking through it, and perhaps not finding anything first time round, but I am like you I couldn't cut up a beautiful book.

    My dear Dad always instilled in us to look after our books, and he would buy the classics for us each Christmas.

    Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara, meant to say you might find some wrapping paper which would be suitable. It is usually good quality.

    Marie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what your dad was right..we love our books and to throw one away or cut it up is sacrilege to us..i will look at wrapping paper and wallpaper..
      love
      sara
      xx

      Delete
  3. If the book was a reasonable price 2nd hand, then buy another - keep one, cut up the other. I daresay it would still be cheaper than buying lots of cards!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anything is better than buying lots of cards..
    sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Bingo you win..yes brilliant idea..thank you..and i have a scanner so i can do it..
      thank you
      sara

      Delete
  6. I have done that before! I bought a lovely nature prints book from the op shop (it was only $2), but just couldn't cut it up. I just love books too much! I am terrible at keeping every book that comes my way.
    I totally agree though with making your own cards. Wallpaper is a great idea. At Christmas, I always keep all the cards we receive and cut them up to use as gift tags or re-make into new cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O gosh we do this too..i like to cut up the ones with Daughter Mum or Dad on them and use them for personalized gift tags

      Delete
  7. I bought some vintage pillowcases to turn into dresses for the girls but fell in love with the prints so now they are used on our bed lol.
    X x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha o so glad its not just me..i love vintage pillows and fabrics..
      xx

      Delete
  8. I bought some teeshirst from a car boot sale for 20p each. Some of them were too good to cut up, so I am wearing them. Gardening magazines from a car boot sale would be good for cutting up.. In fact any colourful magazines would do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't blame you..i have got some old gardening catalogues that i am going to try and use..
    thanks
    sara

    ReplyDelete
  10. I must be ruthless I CAN cut up a book, only if I've bought it for that purpose though :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sue..i honestly bought it with the sole purpose of cutting it up..its too beautiful..
      sara

      Delete

I will reply to everyone..however i will remove if its rude or trolling.