Thursday, 20 July 2017

Finally some relief for Iris Updated..

Hello all,how are you today?
For years Iris has suffered with eczema..on her legs,arms and bottom.
It flares up really bad in the Summer ..we have tried cutting out the foods that could cause it,i use only Comfort Pure on the clothes and wash her clothes in non bio. We over the years have spents lots of money on creams,E45,Aqueous creams,itch relief..nothing seems to work and i daren't keep using the steroid cream on her legs.
Surfing the internet we saw an advert for some Chinese Herbal Cream..it has rave reviews and is only 99p a tube.
I was dubious about it but we ordered a tube..it arrived monday and the difference is amazing. I should have took a before pic..but here are her little legs after 4 days.

On Monday they were red and very sore..we have applied it twice a day..she says the itching has stopped and they aren't sore any more.
It takes a lot to impress us and this little tube has.I ordered 2 more tubes today.


Its yellow cream and quite thick and it smells like antiseptic.It full of herbs and flowers according to the ingredients.Iris was impressed as it has Unicorn Lotus in it.All i care about is that it works and Iris finally has some relief from it.
I know it was a risk but we tried on ourselves first to make sure nothing nasty happened.
ftm👱
Thank you all for the comments about this cream..i have researched it and found conflicting things about it.Some associations recommend it and some don't.
So after reading all the comments and taking your advice ladies i have stopped using the cream.Some say to use in very small amounts and water it down with warm water..others say its a miracle..after reading lots over the last day i won't be using it on Iris for a while until i am satisfied i am not doing her any harm.

15 comments:

  1. You must be so relieved for Iris. Can I ask where you got the cream from? I'd be very interested in this as I get eczema on my face, particularly in the winter in cold winds, or when i'm stressed. None of the usual creams do much and I'm loathe to use steroid cream on my face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ..i got it off Ebay..just put the creams name in the search and it comes up with them..i hope it works for you..
      ftm

      Delete
    2. Thank you Sara, I'll do it now.

      Delete
  2. Hi, might be worth googling this and seeing what you think or discussing it with your daughter's GP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi mandy..we did google it and came up with reviews off an outstanding cream..as for the GP..well when i can get an appointment i will ask him..but for now its working and Iris is fine thats all i care about.
      ftm

      Delete
    2. I suffer from psoriasis so I know what it's like looking for things that work.

      Here's what worries me. First China doesn't have the same strict labelling rules that we do. About 20 years 10 herbal creams were tested and 8 of them were found to have steroids, none were labelled as containing steroids.

      The cream works as well as a steroid. So a herbal remedy works as well as a steroid and no company is interested in developing that? A cream as good as a steroid but with no side effects? That seems odd.

      On the other hand, maybe China has tightened up its labelling and creams with added steroids are now rigorously labelled. Maybe the herbal ingredients have just been overlooked by western medicine.

      That's why I think it's worth speaking to a GP and possibly if there is an organisation that deals with eczema UK wide.

      I don't think this cream is necessarily a bad idea but I think it has some question marks. Which in the end might not be a problem at all.

      Delete
  3. Poor little mite. One of my boys used to suffer badly with excema. I wish that cream had been around then

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cherie..its awful..se scratches until it bleeds i feel so bad for her..i wish it had been around when my eldest girl had it as well..she still suffers badly now but am going to send her a tube.
      ftm

      Delete
  4. That is brilliant that you have found something that works! I am intrigued and will order some of this for my daughter who is very sensitive to chlorine and she breaks out in a really itchy rash which nothing relieves and she scratches until it bleeds. Thank-you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia i feel for your little one..you feel helpless when its bad don't you. I hope it works for your girl..i was dubious at best but am so happy for Iris..her skin feels smooth and i swear i can see it disappearing every day.
      ftm

      Delete
  5. If it is working that well it probably contains a high dose of (prescription) steroids. They are often found in Chinese "natural" remedies and not listed in the ingredients. Please speak to your GP or NHS direct. You could be doing more harm than good in the long term.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If it works that is awesome. My daughter uses either a silver cream or a silver spray on hers. Works like a charm. The best to Iris. I feel for her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. as someone who was a childhood excema leper i can empathise, 50 odd years down the line i didnt grow out of it I grew into psoriasis instead , i must have tried every cream and potion under the sun , currently loving Bulgarian Calendula Vaseline. go with the flow if it works use it, any dermatologist will tell you that

    ReplyDelete
  8. btw - don't worry about publishing my comment, I just have some questions about the cream that may or may not be concerning depending on the answers, not trying to force you to defend the use of it (if that makes sense) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I posted the anonymous comment above, I has eczema as a child and have psoriasis now. I work (independent consultant) on the legal side of both the pharma and natural remedy industries. I am concerned about the contents of many "natural" remedies acquired over the Internet. They are unregulated and the actual ingredients uncertain. Please do speak to your GP.

    ReplyDelete

I will reply to everyone..however i will remove if its rude or trolling.