Friday, 7 April 2017

Not a lot going on here..

Hello all,how are you?
This week has been so slow and awful..i have tonsilitis again..woke up unable to talk or even swallow without feeling sick.
I have antibiotics for it but it has been hellish..and i am starving. I can't swallow properly so all i can manage is soup and yoghurts..even tea is like drinking shards of glass,i cannot wait to sink my teeth into something satisfying and filling.
Now for the unpleasant part of taking antibiotics..Thrush..if like me you get it everytime you have antibiotics then you will have to use Canestan to get rid of it..and boy isn't that expensive..worth it but expensive.
I mentioned to the Nurse Practioner about it..she told me to ask for this at the Chemists and they have to sell it to you and it less than half the price of Canestan..
Its called Fluconazole capsule..so when it strikes i will be trying this.I will let you know how it goes .
flowertotmum
xx

5 comments:

  1. I used to suffer from thrush after taking antibiotics and the Dr recommended using natural yogurt to soothe it. Also eat plenty of natural yogurt with bifidus in it. It seemed to work for me. Last time I took antibiotics I suffered anaphalactic shock - very nearly died. Give me thrush any day!! Helen in France

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O my word thats awful babe..you ok now.
      I tried the yogurt treatment as well a while ago and sadly it didn't work for me..would have been good if it did..so glad it worked for you though.
      ftm

      Delete
  2. I hope you are feeling lots better now ! Great tip about the generic capsule rather than the named brand. Last time I couldn't understand why the doctor wouldn't prescribe as I get free prescriptions and ended up shelling out £10.99 !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saves the NHS having to pay for it!
      Helen in France

      Delete
    2. I did ask for a prescription for it the time before and got told no. This time i saw a different one and she gave me the tip..will let you know if it works.
      ftm

      Delete

I will reply to everyone..however i will remove if its rude or trolling.