This will keep us warm..

Hello all,how are you today?
As you know i went shopping with my mum last week. We went to an Antique place for a good look around and whilst we were there i saw a Bargain Bin..it had lots of vintage fabric and curtains in it.Right at the bottom was a bedspread..by golly it reeked and had a smallish brown stain on the back. Trouble was there was no prices on any of it or the bin itself. There was no one around to ask ,so i let it go.It actually bugged me for the rest of the day and i kept thinking about it.
The next day i asked my mum to pop back and see if she could find a price for me..i was prepared to pay £5 or maybe £6..my mum went and found the fella and he wanted £8..my mum pointed out it smelt and needed a darn good wash and was stained..he asked what she thought she should pay..quick as a flash mum said £6..and bingo deal was done.
What do you think..i think its a real bargain..and its been washed and dried and the stain came out..it looks perfect.


sara

Comments

  1. It's beautiful and you got a real bargain. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ..o yes thanks to my mum..force of nature that woman is..
      sara

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I love a bargain as well..trouble is they are few and far between
      sara

      Delete
  3. I had a candlewick bedspread in the 1950s. It was a lovely gold colour, and it was a fitted one, I don't think you see those very often. It went so well in my bedroom, for which, aged 12, I choose the décor (I was well into reading Ideal Home and Homes & Gardens already, and had my own ideas of what constituted good taste, har, har!) My parents were letting me had a green carpet which had belonged to my uncle but which was quite new and it was being fitted, a novelty in the 1950s when most people had carpet squares, and I chose a basket weave wallpaper and, for the ceiling and down to the picture rail, a green paper with a design of autumn leaves - I have to admit, it did look good once it was all done even though the decorator didn't think it would look good when he started, but when he'd finished, it look absolutely great. But the gold candlewick really finished off this early scheme of mine.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds absolutely gorgeous..if you can see it in your mind and how good it will look despite what everyone thinks then its all good for you..i see it in my head and 9times out of 10 it works out perfect.
      sara

      Delete
  4. Well done to Mum for getting it at that price, it's a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes i am so glad i sent my mum to get it for me..
      sara

      Delete
  5. I love candlewick bedspreads. They always look so cosy and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them as well..my son actually liked it too so now we are on the lookout for one for him
      sara

      Delete

Post a Comment

I will reply to everyone..however i will remove if its rude or trolling.

Popular Posts