Sunday, 24 July 2016

Drones..good or just annoying?

Hello all,how are you today?
Its going to be lovely again.That pool is calling.
Yesterday as i came out my back door i spotted a drone..probably over the playing field at the back of us.
Fair enough he was over the field but then it came over the gardens and hovered for a while..then went then came back and stayed for a good ten minutes..floating around the gardens of my neighbour and us.
I have no problem with people having drones just don't hover over my garden..it was a fancy one with a camera that we could see swivelling around.Harmless i should think so..just a kid playing with his new toy.
But what if it wasn't..i really don't appreciate being spied on in my own garden..its private and i never gave permission for them to film us ..in the end i gave it the finger and we went in..the girls looked out the spare room window and it was still there.It had disappeared when i went out after bath time to have a sit in the garden.

It was a quiet one and i really wouldn't have known it was there if i hadn't seen it..makes me wonder how many times it has been there..i really don't think there are any laws regarding the drones coming over your gardens..but surely filming someone without permission is illegal.
I certainly don't appreciate the fact that he could be spying on us.
What do you think ladies/gents?
sara

13 comments:

  1. Hey there Sara,


    Posted about this before, but my net died...
    I'm Lisa's son, and I'd like to shed some light onto the situation...


    Firstly, to film you in your own private property, is a huge no no! You haven't expressed permission for them to film, and secondly to fly drones near pedestrian centres (streets, houses, etc) is another no no and a huge H&S risk. And back to the filming, if they have been filming your kids, and are found to have done that, it is another no no. To film minors without parental consent is very very very bad!

    If it happens again, please contact the police and take a picture of the drone to show the police. If it was me, I'd shot at it with my Airsoft guns, but thats just me!



    Joshx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Josh hello,thank you so much for this..my other neighbour did take a picture and is going to report to the police..it is an invasion of my privacy and whilst i have nothing to hide i don't appreciate my girls being filmed..the airsoft gun is a good idea..i was hoping a gust of wind would blow it into our trees..that would have made interesting conversation when they came to retrieve it
      sara

      Delete
  2. I don't like the thought of that at all. It will take someone to try a prosecution on the grounds of privacy laws being broken before a law will be passed on the use of them in built up areas.

    I have never seen one here, most likely due to all the quite low level power lines that criss cross the hills we live on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No we don't like it either..we have worked hard to make our back garden as private as possible with fences and trees..for this plonker to just float about looking around..one time i wish we had a power line
      sara

      Delete
  3. I must admit I wouldn't like it at all. Peeping tom comes to mind. There MUST be some law against this.

    Joan (Wales)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joan..you and me and my hubby think totally alike..
      sara

      Delete
  4. A bow and arrow might come in handy or perhaps a catapult!!! Just stand there in the garden the next time with a threatening face and weapon of choice. (No need to fire!) Maybe then you'll see the last of it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mum we actually have a catapult and also some of those Nerf guns..maybe we should but then we may get into trouble for damaging it
      sara

      Delete
  5. Have a quick look on Google about laws regarding drones. I would personally report this invasion of privacy to the police.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi..Hubby has had a look and it is an invasion we just have to prove they were taking pictures or filming..
      sara

      Delete
  6. I would be furious , Thats really not right at all , You should be able to report them to the police xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,Furious doesn't cover it..with the police we have you can actually commit a murder in this town and then get away with it as our coppers are useless ..true and a fact..they would more than likely take weeks to turn up..but if it comes again i am going to film it filming us and then report it.
      sara

      Delete
  7. I find the thought of drones flying over my property deeply creepy and disturbing, even more so when silent. Definitely report it, and if nothing gets done, get out the catapult!

    ReplyDelete

I will reply to everyone..however i will remove if its rude or trolling.