Monday, 14 March 2016

Do you love your home..

Hello all,how are you today?
As the title says " Do you love you home"..i must admit when i moved into this little house it certainly needed some serious work and a lot of love.
We moved here and i almost had a break down..electric worked when it felt like it,we had gas leaks,water leaks you name it we had it.This was all just too much for us at times.
We had Debt Collectors looking for the previous tennants,bailliffs as well.now that was scary.
We had 3 small girls and a 6 month old baby..the only reason we moved here was because it had 4 bedrooms..thats it nothing else.
The moment we moved in i totally wanted to run back to my old house and hide away.
Everywhere was painted Battleship Grey and had a smell we could never get to the bottom of..yet we persevered ,painted,decorated and got it into some semblance of normal..
The garden almost killed hubby..a huge pond had been filled with rubble,trees had been cut down and left,he had so much work to do and all with one hand..his other is still attached but at the time the Consultants were seriously considering removing it..long story for another time.
I think the worst thing was we found bags of dirty clothes buried in the garden,,yep shocker..

We had no kitchen ..a tiny one unit cupboard on the wall and a sink unit.
The man from the council kept ringing and asking if we were 100% sure we wanted to move..we did but didn't realize the extent of neglect the house had gone through..
It was the worst year of our lives..we tried so hard to make it loveable and believe me we often thought of moving out again..it was bloody cold and drafty ,single pane windows and doors you could see sunlight through..not one door shut properly..the list goes on so i think you get the picture.
Over the years we have worked hard to make it a home..we have put our own stamp on this house it is now all loved up and beautiful.
True maybe our style of decorating or living is not to everyones taste but i like family and friends to feel comfy and relax when they come round.Its not a show home but a family home.
The house now is warm.loved,comfy and most of all treated with care.
We love this house..it has taken a lot of time,patience,money to get it where it is today.
We take care of it and in return it takes care of us,keeps us warm,dry and safe.
So my answer is Yes i do love my home..but it was a long time coming..
sara

14 comments:

  1. We don't love our home, but only because we are beginning to outgrow it and need to find somewhere larger
    Glad to hear you have persevered and made your house a home, All the Best, Fast-SoS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and i hope you find somewhere bigger for your family.
      sara

      Delete
  2. That's easy for me to answer .... NO.

    I do not love my home, I like it ... because it keeps me safe and warm and we have worked hard to fill it with the things that make our life better and more enjoyable but I do not love it. I love only living things .... my husband, my family and the animals and birds that live with us. We could all move to anywhere in the world and take our love to a new home where we would be safe and happy together.

    I save my love for the things that love me back and just do my best for the rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand that totally..i love all my family but this house has grown on me lol..like you say move away and as long as family are safe thats all that matters.
      sara

      Delete
    2. I think this is mainly because I have lived at 15 different address in my lifetime, 6 of them in the last 12 years, so I just don't form an attachment, although I do enjoy living in each while I'm there.

      Delete
    3. O bless you..thats a lot of moving..we have only had 4 in the 30yrs we have been together and this one for 22 of them..its too late for me,attachment is formed..
      sara

      Delete
  3. Sara, I know EXACTLY how you feel. I didn't realize the reality of home ownership until we moved in. We had problems right away. I should have known, though, considering my parents were always fixing something in their house.

    Not only is periodic fixing needed, but general upkeep of the home, gardens, and cleaning is enough to keep you busy at least half of the day, most days of the year.

    At times it feels like your home turns against you. But I maintain that there is still nothing like owning your own home, filling it with love, peace, happiness.

    Loved your post. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love my home.. with one exception. The kitchen is at the front of the house. The split level layout means that there is no way to put it at the back of the house unless we built an extension. I hate opening the curtains in my pj's and dressing gown. If ever we move I will make sure that the kitchen is at the back of the hoise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a split-level home too. It's amazing how so many people don't know what it means.

      Delete
  5. I'm grateful for my home but love it not a chance, it's ruined by poor quality hopelessly inadequate repairs , they send us never ending letters about updates and scheduled repairs that never happen . The best one was when they accused us of stealing the double glazing! No ,they had been charged for double glazing by the contractors who fitted single we now have to wait 50 years for their replacement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate..o your not alone there..our Council gave us permission to take out a window the told us we had to save it for when we moved out..its wrapped up in the shed..
      sara

      Delete
  6. I love my house, there's a lot to be done but it's ideal for us. Unlike a lot of people I think having the kitchen at the front is great, no carrying heavy bags through the house, easy to grab a glass of water when I first get hone, no waste of the view of the garden by only seeing it when I'm washing up. I'd hate to leave this house, even though I'm not in love with our location.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here..i love my house its been a lot of hard work but very rewarding..and i would love to move my entire home to another location lol..
      sara

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I will reply to everyone..however i will remove if its rude or trolling.