Thursday, 25 February 2016

O wow..i thought these had been lost forever..

Hello all, how are you today?
I have been going through all the boxes we got down from the attic ,slowly but surely the pile is going down.
I spied this little box at the back..taking my life in my hands i clambered over stuff and very gingerly pulled it out of a pile that is perched precariously..if an avalanche happens i may not make it out..thankfully i did this time.
Look what i found..i had tears in my eyes..this was my grans most beloved China Set..it went missing ages ago..i honestly thought it had been thrown out..i couldn't believe it and was so grateful it had been put away.
 I don't think this is part of it..but still its got beautiful Poppies all over it..so its my cup now.
Her favourite teacup and teapot.

 Fine Bone China with 24 carat gold decorations. Gorgeous.
It has now been washed and packed carefully in a box in my Pantry..it will be used at Parties and maybe if i feel a bit sad i will get it out to cheer myself up..it will bring back great memories for me.
Have you ever found something you thought that had been lost.

8 comments:

  1. That looks lovely. I have just inherited my mums china teaset. Mum kept it in a cabinet but I am planning to use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cherie..i am planning on using this China..my gran always used it daily..for tea and teatimes..wonderful you have some too..i love china its so delicate and beautiful.
      sara

      Delete
  2. Oh Sara, poppies are my very favourite, I just love them. What lovely memories you must have of your Grandma and your tea will taste so much nicer, yu lucky girl.

    Hugs to you and the girls

    Marie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marie..thanks for the hugs..i love poppies too..everytime i use it i think of her and our special tea's..
      love you much
      sara

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful treasure and the memories attached to it are priceless. I am so happy you found them. :) I inherited most of my grandmother's china (she had several sets), all the family silver, some paintings and photos, the family bible and even my great great grandmother's china.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie the memories are totally priceless and i can't replace them..its lovely to have the China and all the beautiful things you have inherited..i bet they are treasures to you..
      sara

      Delete
  4. Funnily enough, my mother in law lugged out a cardboard box from the back of her garage and brought it over to my house. She said it seemed to belong to me... In it were some old papers and baby photos of my first child ( now 17) a scrapbook of my year in Australia (well before I was married) and two magazine binders of my collection of Womancraft magazines dated 1975-77 which I believed must have been thrown out as I have hunted high and low for them over the last decade!! But obviously I didn't search my inlaws garage! Most extraordinary. Isn't it nice to find old treasures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gill..o wow you lucky gal..its a relief isn't it when you find them..i felt quite ill that they had been thrown away..i bet your enjoying reading through the magazines..
      sara

      Delete

I will reply to everyone..however i will remove if its rude or trolling.