Monday, 22 February 2016

Little bit of a treat..

Hello all ,how are you today?
Its been lovely here today..sunny and a bit chilly in the wind ..still nice enough for a walk up to the Post Office..i reckon the woman who works there has either had complaints about her manner or a personality transplant..she couldn't have been nicer today..amazing..i was gobsmacked to be honest and kept looking to see if anyone was watching her and how she interacts with customers..well i hope it lasts..much more of a pleasant experience today.
Anyway i decided to treat us all at the weekend and make a Cheesecake..it was gorgeous and i had lovely comments from my hubby and children on it..its not often i make these as they are really tempting and to be honest one slice is not enough.
It is so easy to make and even easier to eat.
Make a biscuit base

Mix 2 tubs of Cream Cheese

Add whipped Double Cream,sugar and vanilla..mix it until smooth.

Spread on base and chill for 4-6 hours.
 Whilst it was chilling i wrapped up parcels from my Ebay sales..this is my Pushchair that sold quite fast and was sent today via Parcelforce..cost an arm and a leg but i hope the lady likes it.
 Then i sat down to enjoy a slice of pure heaven..
 We treated the girls to some little Chocolates..they don't have sweets or chocolate very often..not that i am mean or anything but they prefer fruit and Chocolate is a proper treat.
We have some Cheesecake left and hubby and i will enjoy that with a coffee tomorrow..
How about you ladies what is the treat that you love but don't have that often it becomes boring.
sara

14 comments:

  1. Cheesecake is my favourite dessert x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too..along with anything Chocolate or Christmas Pudding..i couldn't choose between..
      sara

      Delete
  2. I adore homemade cheesecake; yours looks delicious. Postage is so expensive nowadays. You should perhaps look into alternative ways of sending your parcels; I've used CollectPlus with great results...approx half the price of ParcelForce for larger parcels and I can take mine to a local store instead of having to go to the post office.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen..thank you..i will look into sending larger parcels via elsewhere than the one i used..
      sara

      Delete
  3. Oh yum, that looks very tempting. I am supposed to be calorie counting and would hate to count the calories in that. I wouldn't be able to just eat one slice...... no willpower whatsoever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cherie..i am on a diet along with my husband..but Cheesecake needs eating lol..i have no willpower either so one slice is never enough
      sara

      Delete
  4. Yum. Pineapple upside down is my favourite special pud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trish..o i love that pudding but our son is allergic to Pineapples so we can't have them near us..poor lad..
      sara

      Delete
  5. I knit blankets etc for charities and have discovered My Hermes is much cheaper. For a small extra charge they will collect from you, and it is still far less expensive. Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam..i use Hermes for my smaller parcels as they collect..its much easier..
      sara

      Delete
  6. I am glad somebody thinks like me about the range , I dont like to follow the clan and like to create my own style , The only section i like is the garden tool part , Everything you buy from there you can see in other peoples houses or in a room set on tv , Give me a jumble sale /car boot sale find any day to up cycle xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shabby you took the words right out of my mouth..i like unusual and want my own style not what everyone else has..i love Cs and carboots..amazing stuff to be found and had at cheap prices..wonderful.
      sara

      Delete
  7. I once slipped up and made a cheesecake with a tub of garlic cream cheese, rather weirdly it was still pretty edible, well Lovely Hubby thought so ... he polished off the lot over the course of a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow..just wow..god bless that man..i really don't like Garlic..i almost fainted once when a lady was next to me in a hot shop..i was pregnant at the time but as she turned i got the full force of Garlic ..it made me queasy..Garlic is ok in small doses but i reckon she had bathed in it..lol
      sara

      Delete

I will reply to everyone..however i will remove if its rude or trolling.