The Dentist!!!!

Hi all..
Today i had to go to the dentist for a filling.
This fills me with a terrible sense of dread.
My dentist Mr.Smith is absolutely the most charming and gentle man..he knows how terrified i am and is so patient with me.

I have gas and air to help me cope with it..its not the needles or the work he is doing its the drill..i literally cannot bear it at all. I have the injections no problem and don't mind him poking about..but the moment he starts the drill i shake and feel sick and almost burst into tears.
Mr.Smith is quick and efficient and then lets me literally run out the surgery.

He recommended i use an MP3 to listen to loud music,close my eyes,breathe the gas and relax..its sounds like a kerfuffle and a bit of a weird thing..but it works and i have my fillings no problem. Its before hand,i work myself up into such a state,,i feel sick and so on the verge of doing a runner.
I don't hate the dentist at all..just that darn drill.
I really don't feel safe having it in my mouth..nothing bad has ever happened to me with the drill so i don't know where the fear of it has come from.
All this has kind of made me paranoid about having good teeth,which i really don't..but my children do..they never miss check ups and i am religious about teeth brushing..i would hate for them to suffer the agony of an abcess as i have several times.I do look after my teeth but sometimes its the luck of the draw and i got the poop end of the stick.



Today i found out that i have to have one extracted..the filling fell out a month ago and it can't be saved..and guess what i don't mind having them out at all..that does not fill me with fear or make me feel funny. So 3 weeks today i will have a sore mouth but i will be ok with that.
How about you ladies..do you have a fear of the dentist ?
Take care
sara

Comments

  1. I hate going to the dentists, the older I get the worse it is.I go once just once a year and touch wood that seems to be enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O i know what you mean..i got twice a year and almost everytime i have to have work done.
      take care
      sara

      Delete
  2. Drills have always been associated with the pain of going to the dentist, mostly because it’s a part of most major procedures. In any case, it's just an image; the reality is that it has helped your teeth get better. Your dentist is right; you should listen to some sounds and relax, sit back, and let the bad vibes go.

    Benny Murray @ Dental Care Of South Jersey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ..thank you..i love my dentist and he is so gentle..the drill is just the thing that i cannot bear..i understand it helps my teeth and i do lay back and relax..high as a kite on the happy gas with the loudest music i can bear..i always think to myself there are worst things in the world than going to the dentist..
      take care
      sara

      Delete
  3. Fantastic Blog! Keep it Thank you so much for sharing this i also share your blog. - Dentist in Whitton

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi stephenn..thank you and i do really love my dentist..
    take care
    sara

    ReplyDelete

  5. This is really a wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I will reply to everyone..however i will remove if its rude or trolling.

Popular Posts